Pages

Friday, December 7, 2012

SharePoint 2013 - Organizational chart

SharePoint 2010 came with a new feature called the Organizational chart:


A great and interactive feature to browse through your organisation. The only downside was the requirement to have SilverLight installed.

We now have SharePoint 2013 and this feature seems to be missing! Take a look at the About Me page of a colleague:



Gone! but I remember seeing the feature in SharePoint Online 2013:


There it is, now click at See More:


Here we go! I am worried though because SharePoint 2013 On Premise is RTM and Online is still preview. To be honest, it seems this feature is going to go.

Through the TechNet forum I came across the following blog:

http://wellytonian.com/2012/11/sharepoint-2013-mysites-organizational-chart/

A lot of effort to retrieve it. Often when Microsoft hides features like this there are about to be gone forever.

2 replies:

Anonymous said...

I don't see any links on the interface that leads to the organization chart now, but you can get to it by typing in the url...

http://YourMySiteHost/OrganizationView.aspx

Anton Khritonenkov said...

Hi, I think standard organization browser is not functional as Plumsail Org Chart with drag&drop and edit functionality.
http://plumsail.com/sharepoint-products/plumsailorgchart/

Post a Comment