I wrote an article about the new Community site template. I really love this template because it is such a huge step forward from the team discussion. This list was not really usable for building communities in SharePoint. The team discussion still exists so I got curious and decided to take a look!
This looks similar to the Community site, the members can create new discussions and reply at existing ones:
This results in:
Looks a lot better right! The team discussion also offers multiple views:
- Recent
- My discussions
- Unanswered questions
- Discussions with best replies
- Featured
The featured view can be used to highlight certain topics. The owners can set a discussion at featured.
What are the difference with the Community site? The team discussion a trimmed version of the community site. There are no categories, member section, moderator and reputation settings.
The discussion list is still a real improved compared to the previous SharePoint versions. I advise to use it in project or team sites to quickly discuss interesting subjects.
11:30 AM
Unknown
Posted in: 
3 replies:
Nice!
Is het also possible to connect a Discussion Board as a list within Outlook and drag-and-drop emailmessages into this list so those messages will appear automatically as discussions in a Discussion Board?
<\long question alert without any interpunction>
Euh... dit comment kwam dus van mij, Robert.
Hi,
Yes you can. The content of the e-mail will be the first reply of a new discussion.
Post a Comment