Introduction
Office 365 has been released and that means we have a new SharePoint Online version: SharePoint 2010 Online. This is great news because now we can enjoy a lot more functionalities compared to the 2007 version. I created an account for myself so I can play with the new goodies. In this blog post I want to talk about an interesting new site template I encountered, the Express Team Site.
Site template

Immediately you can see some interesting features:
- Add new Page
- Share this site with additional people
- Posts
Add new page
This link provides you with the option to create new pages pretty quickly. Just click on the link and the following screen will appear:

Just give the page a name and confirm with Create. You can also go to Site Actions and choose Create Page but this saves you one click ;-) You can use this option to create pages for sharing information with co-workers or project team members.
Share this site with additional people
This is a new feature of Office 365, the ability to invite people without an Office 365 account (They need to have at a Windows Live account. No gmail supported yet). Click on the link and the following screen will appear:

For now I will use it to invite internal members. This also saves you a couple of clicks because you don't need to go to Site Actions and Site Permissions and starting adding users there. SharePoint also gives you the option to send a personalized message to the selected users.
Posts

This is the note board webpart from the on premise version of SharePoint 2010. It is pretty straightforward. Just enter some text in the Post a message section and confirm with Post:

You can click on the name of the user who created the post and the My Site will be opened. You can now see more details of the concerning user. This makes it really easy for users to connect with each other.
The new Express Team Site template is an interesting variation of the regular team site template. I think it can be interesting for quick project sites to share information and invite external users and collaborate. Let's see what the future brings J
In the future I will blog more about Office 365 and of course SharePoint Online 2010!
7:03 PM
Unknown
Posted in: 
0 replies:
Post a Comment