Pages

Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Nintex Workflow 2010

Introduction

Today I want to share with you my appreciation for Nintex Workflow 2010. Without a doubt this is the best solution on the market for creating SharePoint 2010 workflows. You can easily integrate your business processes into SharePoint and customers can create their own workflows with an amazing easy-to-use user interface. These are only two advantages of Nintex Workflow. I want to quickly show you how easy it is to create a workflow.

Integrated with SharePoint
You don't need extra hardware for installing Nintex Workflow. It is installed as a SharePoint Solution and can be activated in the site collection features:



From the moment the features are activated you can start building workflows! This can be done from any SharePoint site, list or library. To create a Nintex Workflow just use the ribbon (or the site actions menu for site workflows):


Creating a workflow

To start building a workflow click on 'Create a Workflow in Nintex Workflow':



You can now create a workflow from scratch or choose one of the 20 templates. The templates give you a pre build workflow you only need to configure or add new workflow actions. Pretty nice right? The left side of the designer shows all the available workflow actions:



You can now drag an action to the designer form:



To configure an action just double click the icon, for example the 'Manager Approval':



Set all the right conditions and save the action. Just execute this for all the actions. The last thing you need to do is publish the workflow. Don't forget to configure the workflow settings first:



Make sure that workflow starts manually or starts when an item is created. The approver will receive an e-mail that can look like the following example:



The content of the e-mail can easily be modified in the related Nintex Workflow action.

Conclusion
I only showed a small section of the possibilities of Nintex Workflow. It is possible to connect to Exchange, Lync, Central Administration and LOB systems. You can create AD groups and SharePoint audiences automatically. So I really recommend everyone to look into this great solution. In the future I will show some solutions I created for our customers or other cool features.

1 replies:

Steve SharePoint Developer said...

Wow! That's to easy to do.

Post a Comment