Pages

Wednesday, June 29, 2011

InfoPath 2010 Solution Part 2.

Hi, in my previous post I described how to setup a simple declaration form. The form only contained a standard look and feel and can use some adjustments. In this blog post I want to show you how easy that is.

Themes

InfoPath 2010 comes with a great set of out-of-the-box themes for your form. Use the ribbon to go to 'Page Design'. You can see the themes here:





Just click on the arrow symbol () to see all the available themes. Just select one and you can see the change immediately. Aren't satisfied with one? Just select another one. It is that easy. I select the first 'Professional' theme and the form will look like this:



Now I want to add a company logo to the form. I press enter before 'Declaration form' and go to 'Insert' in the ribbon and select 'Picture'. I can now browse for a picture I want to show in the form. I add our company logo and move it to the left part of the form. The next thing I want to do is make the labels of the fields more prominent in the form.


I select the labels and give them the font style 'Normal'. I use Bold and remove the Italic selection of the labels. I also remove some unnecessary spaces in the form and move the text ´Total amount´ to the right. The form now looks like this:



This already looks a lot better. It is also pretty easy to make fields mandatory. The only thing you have to do is select a control and check the box 'Cannot be blank' under 'Properties'. See the following figure:



The next thing I want to change is using a currency symbol in the amount fields. I select the controls and go to 'Control Properties':



I go to 'Data type' and change it into 'Whole number (integer)'. I click on 'Format' and the following screen will appear:



Now I select 'Currency symbol' and choose the euro symbol. The last thing I want to change is the text 'Insert item' in our table. To do this I open the properties of this control:



The only thing I have to do is change the text under 'Show insert button and hint text' and confirm with Ok. I will change it to 'Insert new declaration'. The form will now look like this:



We can all agree this looks a lot better J So my advice is to play with all the look and feel options until you got it right. It is pretty easy and straightforward. In my next post I will go more into data connections as promised.

0 replies:

Post a Comment