I wrote two articles about external sharing in SharePoint Online 2013. You can view these by clicking here and here. Let's say you granted an external user access to a document. The user was able to change the URL to try and access the site. The following option appeared:
The user was able to ask for access through a dialogue screen. The administrator of the site received an e-mail and was able to start a dialogue:
I really loved this new feature! Especially in External scenario's. Its a lot easier for an external user to ask access through this dialogue then call or send an e-mail. For some mysterious reason this option is gone because I get the following error:
I posted a question at the Office 365 Community forum about this new behavior Click here to view the discussion. I get referred to a send feedback site. Not really the answer I was looking for. Looking at the Correlation ID in the error message it seems to me there are issues with this feature.
I really hope this gets fixed because it worked really well!
10:09 AM
Unknown
Posted in: 
2 replies:
yes, this is very frustrating. Let us know if you get any resolution.
Hi Michael, there isn't a solution at the moment. I requested the feature with Microsoft so let's hope they reactivate it soon!
Post a Comment