Introduction
The new version of Office 365 was released at February 27. This version includes all 2013 products such as Exchange, Lync, Office and SharePoint. The existing Office 365 tenants, with the 2010 versions, are going to be updated by Microsoft. Microsoft is starting with the oldest Office 365 tenants. Let's say you were one of the first customers after the first Office 365 release, you could be updated pretty soon. Keep an eye out for an e-mail.
In upcoming articles I am going to discuss the following SharePoint update topics:
- Resources
- Site Collections
- My Site
- Master Page
- Deprecated features
For this article I am going to focus at the Master Page upgrade.
Not a Designer
I am not a SharePoint Designer. There I said it. I am also not going to pretend to know what's different in SharePoint 2013 Master Pages compared to SharePoint 2010, but there's something different! This results in SharePoint 2010 Master Pages not working anymore after you upgrade to 2013.
No need to get worried. You are in control when to upgrade a site collection to 2013. The great thing is that you can already start with re-configuring your Master Page. Please click here to create an Office 365 site demo environment. Believe me, its pretty awesome :-) If you aren't a Microsoft partner you cannot use that site. You can create a trial subscription and start working on there.
If you are a designer and you would like to send me input about actual changes, that would be awesome! I added some resources below that could be helpful.
Branding resources
http://blog.drisgill.com/2012/07/top-6-new-features-for-designers-in.html
http://sharepoint.microsoft.com/blog/Pages/BlogPost.aspx?pID=1051
http://preachingsharepoint.blogspot.nl/2012/09/sharepoint-2013-how-to-add-html-master.html
http://blog.navantis.com/creating-a-new-master-page-in-sharepoint-2013/
http://startermasterpages.codeplex.com/
http://blog.blksthl.com/2013/02/26/a-guide-to-quick-sharepoint-2013-branding/
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dn205271.aspx
7:58 AM
Unknown
Posted in: 
0 replies:
Post a Comment