I am currently working for a customer where a user had the following problems:
The document could not be opened for editing. A Microsoft SharePoint Foundation compatible application could not be found to edit the document.
The above error appeared when the user tried to open an Office document from SharePoint in the local client. Another issue occurred when trying to upload multiple documents:
The Upload Multiple Documents button is greyed out. This was strange because the user was the owner of the site. My colleague Robert Krom discovered this was because of the 64bit Internet Explorer version. After changing to 32bit the problems were gone. Thanks Robert!
Editors note
Also read the following post from Stefan Bauer:
http://www.n8d.at/blog/a-little-story-about-web-design-and-what-designer-should-know-about-ie9/
The following article from Thuan Soldier is also helpful:"
http://social.technet.microsoft.com/wiki/contents/articles/11234.sharepoint-2010-how-to-enable-uploading-multiple-documents-functionality.aspx
8:34 AM
Unknown

Posted in: 
5 replies:
Unfortunately, there is still some functionality in SharePoint that requires/uses ActiveX components. IE 64bit versions (because ActiveX components are not working for 64bit) or any other browser for that matter will show this behaviour.
Cheers,
Ernst
Thanks for the feedback Ernst :)
Is drag'n'drop also a topic of the 32/64bit issues? Have some problems with that feature in IE only ;)
Are you using the 64bit version? I believe only IE10 supports that.
When installing IE10 on Windows 7 (64bit) I can only install the 64bit Version. So I have all the above-mentioned issues when using SharePoint with this browser.
Any Ideas?
Post a Comment