Pages

Thursday, November 8, 2012

Update: SharePoint Online 2010 - Twitter web part

A while ago I wrote an article about adding a Twitter web part to your SharePoint Online 2010 site. I tried instructions at a customer but failed. I have no idea if they still work. I got a new solution from Maarten Juurlink. Let's take a look!

Create a new HTML file with the following code:


<script charset="utf-8" src="https://widgets.twimg.com/j/2/widget.js"></script>
<script>
new TWTR.Widget({
  version: 2,
  type: 'search',
  search: '@<UserName> OR #<HashTag>',
  interval: 10000,
  title: '',
  subject: '',
  width: 'auto',
  height: 300,
  theme: {
    shell: {
      background: '#ffffff',
      color: '#ffffff'
    },
    tweets: {
      background: '#ffffff',
      color: '#444444',
      links: '#1985b5'
    }
  },
  features: {
    scrollbar: true,
    loop: false,
    live: true,
    behavior: 'all'
  }
}).render().start();</script>

The only thing you have to do is configure the following:
'@<UserName> OR #<HashTag>'

Use the @ or the #.

Save the HTML and upload to a document library. Use a Content Editor Web Part to refer to the location of the HTML file:


This did the trick for me.

Editors note
The following link is also worth checking out:

https://www.nothingbutsharepoint.com/sites/eusp/Pages/Brand-SharePoint-The-Right-Way-Integrate-Web-Parts-into-Master-Pages-Part-4.aspx

0 replies:

Post a Comment