Pages

Thursday, September 13, 2012

SharePoint Online 2013 - Share with internal users

The current version of SharePoint Online supports sharing sites and content with external users. I wrote an article about sharing with external users. You can find it here. The new version of SharePoint Online also supports sharing with internal users. Let's take a look how that works!



Share a site
I created a new project site and want to invite my manager Theo to collaborate with me. Every site has a Share button. You can find it at the top right corner. After clicking at Share the following screenshot appears:



You can give the permissions by changing the selecting a different user group. Theo will receive an e-mail with a hyperlink to the project site.

Share a document
To share a document with a colleague is pretty easy. Right click at the document and click at Share, enter the name of your colleague and leave a message and click at Share. I shared the document with my manager Theo. He also receives an e-mail:





Theo can open the document in the browser and start editing. The one thing I am missing is an overview of documents that are shared with me. I looked in the My Site but could not find anything. I hope to get feedback from Microsoft.


0 replies:

Post a Comment