SharePoint users were always able to request access to a site or document. This procedure has really improved in SharePoint Online 2013. I really love it! Let's start.
In a previous article I talked about the new sharing experience. I shared a document with my manager Theo but he has no permissions to the site. Theo get's the following message when trying to access the site:
Theo is able to send a message with the request! Pretty cool? Well it gets even cooler!
After Theo send his request, he is presented with a nice dialogue screen. He can send a new message and see the message history. I am the owner of the site so I will receive an e-mail message:
By clicking at the link I am forwarded to a new screen:
The root site provides an overview of all the pending requests. I can click at ... to open the callout menu:
In this menu I can approve or decline the request but I am also able to send a message to Theo:
You have to admit this is pretty cool right? I really like how interactive this whole procedure has become.
8:23 AM
Unknown
Posted in: 
0 replies:
Post a Comment