Pages

Friday, August 3, 2012

SharePoint Online 2013 - No PDF in browser support



I believe everyone, I hope, knows it is not possible to open PDF files in the browser with SharePoint Online 2010. I was really hoping this would be possible with SharePoint Online 2013...but I was wrong. I contacted Microsoft about this and they confirmed this will not change with the release of the new SharePoint version. This is really a shame and will create a lot of disappointing customers and end-users.


I got referred to the following blog:


http://sharepoint.microsoft.com/blog/Pages/BlogPost.aspx?pID=1005


This explains that you can open a PDF file directly into Adobe Reader. Just follow the instructions. I tried this and it works fine.

The following site has a solution for opening PDF files in the browser:



http://joshuabooker.com/Pages/PDF-CompleteSolution.aspx

Come on Microsoft! Fix this problem so we don't need all those workarounds :-)





0 replies:

Post a Comment