Today a preview has been released of Hotmail 2.0 called Outlook.com. I immediately checked it out and configured and updated my profile. I really like the new Quick Views option. This is nothing else then a filter but it works really nice.
Just click at new category and give it a name. In my case I want to filter all the e-mails I receive from Microsoft so I name the view Microsoft. No surprise there!
I select the e-mail with the e-mail address I want to connect to the view and in the ribbon I select Categories and Microsoft. You should see a link called apply to all from and after clicking it:
You can confirm that this e-mail address will be connected to the view. Don't forget to tick Do this for future messages, too.
I can click at the quick view and will see that all current messages are shown:
This is a great functionality to create some structure in a full inbox.
11:55 AM
Unknown
Posted in: 
3 replies:
Jasper,
I followed your directions, but how did you get it to select @microsoft.com? When I try it, it selects the entire email account.
Hi, I erased the first part of the e-mail address for privacy reasons, so it seems it just says @microsoft :-).
I don't know how to select the domain name of an address.
Maybe I found something. You should go to the wheel icon and click at More mail settings, Rules for sorting new messages. You can create new rules for incoming e-mail. It seems that you can select the @microsoft domain name.
I am going to check it out!
Post a Comment