Last January I wrote an article about the integration of the GetUserProfileByName webservice in InfoPath and SharePoint Online 2010. Unfortunately this was not possible. I was really hoping this would work in SharePoint Online 2013......but it doesn't.
This feature will only work when loopback protection is disabled. This setting can be changed in the Central Administration of a SharePoint farm but in Office 365 you don't have access to that part.
According to Microsoft this is disabled by default for security reasons. I am curious if this would work in a dedicated Office 365 farm.
I hope Microsoft will create a workaround for this in the feature but I am afraid this is more up to the SharePoint Community.
9:37 AM
Unknown

Posted in: 
5 replies:
I can’t believe I was lucky enough to find this article. I love this kind of content because it gives a lot of great information.
Thanks for the compliment!
this sucks! I tried today before reading up on it and got the query error. Very disappointed. So what would you recommend for workaround?
Hi Greg,
I know, it is really disappointing. I don't think there is a real workaround. Maybe creating a list with all the user information and connect the list to InfoPath? That is fine for 50 employees but not for more then 100 ;)
I just hope Microsoft releases an update in the future that makes the connection possible.
Depending on the information needed, and circumstances, one may want to take a look at the hidden User Information List (use a "From SharePoint List" and scroll through the root). You may need to wrench on permissions to get visibility to where it is useful.
Post a Comment