What I really love about SharePoint is that even after a long time I still discover cool features and solutions. I looked into the slide library this time. I have to admit that I have never used this library and that is really to bad because it is great! The advantage of this library is that you can create a wide collection of slides that colleagues can use to create their own presentations.This can be used by a communication department, they can create and manage a central slide library. They can be in charge to ensure that the most recent slides, with the correct information, are online.
In this article I want to use our own SharePoint department as example. I am going to create a slide library with slides that can be used to create SharePoint presentations by my fellow SharePoint Consultants.
I start by creating the slide library:
I have a presentation with multiple slides I think can be useful for my fellow SharePoint consultants. I click on Upload and browse for the presentation. The following screen is presented:
I can now select the slides I want to publish in the slide library. I click on Publish:
The slides are all uploaded in the library. The cool thing is that you see the source of the slides (Presentation) and a description. The only thing a colleague has to do is select the desired slides and click on Copy Slide to Presentation:
I can create a new presentation, or if I have one open, add the slides to this presentation. Really cool stuff!
This is a SharePoint library so you can also change the metadata in the view, for example use the group by feature. I really think this library can be a great asset for every Intranet portal. Your sales team will be really happy! :-)
8:39 AM
Unknown
Posted in: 
0 replies:
Post a Comment