Pages

Monday, October 3, 2011

SharePlus 2.9.5 update - Test summary

I posted a couple of days ago that one of my favorite iPad applications got an update: SharePlus. I am now going to test some of the new functionalities. My screenshots have Dutch words so my apologies for that but it should not hurt the explanation :)

InfoPath support
I can go to a form library and create a new form:


This looks pretty cool! I can enter my data in the controls and even the repeating table adds new rows. The ribbon also responds well.


There are still some problems with a couple of InfoPath controls:

People picker
The keyboard does not appear when I click in the text box. I have to use the address book icon. This works fine until I select the desired user. I get the following error:



I don't know if this is caused by my form but it seems this does not work yet.

Attachment control
The control loads but the browse button for files is grayed out. So that control won't do you any good.

Meeting workspaces
There is now support for meeting workspaces. I create an recurring event in an agenda with a meeting workspace. In the browser you can see all the different dates. This works different in SharePlus. You have to click on a List to see the content. For example a document library:


You can now see the documents corresponding to a certain date:


This works fine :) The other list, such as Tasks, don't appear with dates but all items are summarized:



You can use the Settings menu to sort of group the items. The drag and drop functionality for the group by works perfect! Really nice. It looks like this:



PDF Viewer performance
The PDF viewer works really well:


You can use the icon in the right bottom corner to select a page you want to browse to, otherwise just use the arrows to go forward or backwards. It goes pretty fast, within a second you can see all the content.

Smart Edit
The smart edit function makes it possible to easily update the Office document you opened from SharePlus into an Office application such as Documents to Go. After I saved the document and choose to send the Word document back to SharePlus I got the following message:



You now only have to choose Update Item and Save in the next screen to update the Word document. That makes life a bit easier.

Summary
I really like the new updates for SharePlus but there are still some things that I am missing such as editing from within SharePlus instead of using another iPad application. A lot of customers find this confusing. The InfoPath form did not work perfectly but it's getting there.

I am positive that the future updates will make SharePlus even better :)

0 replies:

Post a Comment