Pages

Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Office 365 – Overview of SharePoint site collections

Hi,

I worked with BPOS a lot, and what I really liked was the overview of site collections in My Company Portal:



This is great for the users because you can work with multiple site collections and the users can select the one they want to work with. For some reason this is not available within Office 365:



I really don't understand the decision for this. This makes it pretty annoying for users who need to access multiple site collections. I understand it is easy if there is only one but this is not always the case.

I would love to hear from other people if they know what is going to happen here. Maybe a beta issue? I hope so.

2 replies:

Carry2Web said...

Missing this too. Started a discussion on office365 forum but sofar to no avail.
http://community.office365.com/en-us/f/156/p/7626/33327.aspx#33327

This look promising though:
http://blogs.msdn.com/b/life_of_a_sharepoint_consultant/archive/2011/05/06/sample-code-for-a-sandboxed-solution-for-office-365-using-search-asmx-with-jquery.aspx

Unknown said...

Strange that nobody answered your question but kept sending you in wrong and unrelated directions.

Thanks for the link! Did you tried it?

Post a Comment