Pages

Monday, December 2, 2013

Office 365 Saturday Europe 2013 - Questions during my session

I was really honored and happy to be part of the very first Office 365 Saturday Europe. Awesome event organized by Matthew Hughes and Rene Modery. Great job guys :-)

Unfortunately I wasn't able to answer any questions due to the time. I copied all questions and here are my answers.

Phil Greer
"Can you move documents out of a document set or into a different document set?"

Yes, the easiest way to do this is by using the Explorer View. You can use the Sent To option in the ribbon but I don't like this option. Not really end-user friendly. The Explorer View is faster and easier.

Wim Lenaerts
"Jasper, maybe a bit of a general question but: Are you impressed by the evolution that SharePoint is making in the areas of document management? I had higher hopes for SPS 2013 (personally, mainly working in the ECM aspects of SharePoint). :)"

I have to admit to have no experience with other Document Management systems apart from SharePoint. The improvements in Document Management in SharePoint 2013 are indeed very minor but still very subtle:

  • You are now able to change managed metadata fields in the Quick Edit view
  • You can drag and drop documents in a document library
I know, no shocker here but it makes life a bit easier. I am really curious what your opinion is :-)

In case I missed any questions, please leave a comment.

0 replies:

Post a Comment