Pages

Monday, November 18, 2013

SharePoint 2010 - Users cannot edit managed metadata columns

I was working on a SharePoint solution for one of our customers. I created a couple term sets and connected these to corresponding managed metadata site columns. After adding the site columns to a SharePoint list I wanted to change the name of the columns. This wasn't possible because I got the SharePoint access denied screen! Very strange because I had all the correct permissions to the term store group. After searching on Google I found out that I didn't had permissions to a hidden list! This is the TaxonomyHiddenList. You can find this list by adding the following behind your site URL:

/Lists/TaxonomyHiddenList/AllItems.aspx

Check out the permissions of the list to see if the inheritance is broken. This often happens when sites are created with a custom solution. This was at least the case at our customer.


0 replies:

Post a Comment