I got really excited when I heard about the new community site template. It looked like that SharePoint finally got a descent feature for creating an online forum.
Laura Rogers dedicated a blog post to this subject. Click here.
I could not wait to create my own blog post, so I got excited when I got my SharePoint Online 2013 site up and running! The community site gives you the option to add new members. Just go to Site Contents and Community Members. The ribbon gives you the option to add new members, but what happens:
There is no option to add a new members but I can assign a badge...that is pretty confusing! So how do I add new members?
I created a topic at the Office 365 forum and got a nice workaround from Mindy Pan. You can add a user to the members group of the community site. The user is now able to access the site. The user will be shown as a members of the community from the moment he or she leaves a reply or creates a discussion.
Confusing right? What is the aim of the Community Members list? This seems like a bug to me.
Edit
I received this update from Microsoft:
I have done some further research about the Community Members in Site Contents. The Community Members is a list which keeps a record of ongoing activity by members and reputation they accrue within this community. This list is not used to add new members. The New Item option is used to assign badges to the members.
8:39 AM
Unknown
Posted in: 
0 replies:
Post a Comment