There is a new update for my favorite iPad SharePoint App: SharePlus! I am going to review the new features for the Pro version. I hope to release a review for the Enterprise version soon. My apologies for the bad preview quality of the pictures. Please click at one to see a better version. I will try to fix this.
New Calendar Full visualization (Daily, Weekly, Monthly)
There is the option to use an Outlook calendar view for Daily, Weekly and Monthly. This actually looks really nice and I think a lot of users will appreciate this because it will feel more familiar then the current views.
Monthly
Weekly
Daily
The users can always switch back to the Table, Grid and the Compact Calendar views.
Meeting Workspaces support
The previous versions of SharePlus had issues generating proper views for Meeting Workspaces in SharePoint. The Workspace template is a special template within SharePoint. This is now fixed and a Workspace will be properly displayed.
Metadata services support
I love the managed metadata feature in SharePoint 2010. This feature is now also supported in SharePlus. In the following example I added a new column based at managed metadata:
You get an overview of the terms and even the sub terms. Nice!
Versioning support in Documents
An essential part of SharePoint is Document Management and version control. This is also supported in the new version of SharePlus. Let’s take a look at the following screenshot:
I can see the document is checked out, by the green arrow in the Word icon. I have the option to Check In the document. The cool thing is that you can see the current version and you are able to look at previous versions. Let’s take a look:
Version 1.0
Version 2.0
You are probably asking yourself if you can restore previous versions, yes you can!
Click at the icon next to the date to restore a previous version.
Auto Hide of Left Navigator (iOS 5+)
I like this new feature because sometimes the navigation pane was “in the way”. You have the option to automatically hide the left navigation pane. This option can be found in the Settings menu. You can always use this icon to show the navigation pane again.
URL schemas support to launch SharePlus from a url
This is another really nice new feature! You always had the option to e-mail a link to a document from SharePlus:
The e-mail gets formatted with a SharePlus URL:
Just click at the SharePlus URL:
Pretty cool right?
Copy to Local Files with folder selection
You have the option to create a folder structure within the local folders:
This can be useful when you have a lot of files in this folder and want to structure these.
There are some more features released:
- Add to Contacts from any Phone/Email/Contact
- Passcode with Idle Time
- PDF Viewer with vertical scroll
- User Feedback module + Report Error integration
- Sync status icon over item
- Lookup fields with paging and search
- PDF Annotations & Form reader
7:17 PM
Unknown
Posted in: 
0 replies:
Post a Comment