I have been a fan of SharePlus for a while now and have dedicated multiple articles to this great product. The new version got released this week and I have been pretty busy with this review because A LOT OF new features have been released. Let's go and check them out!
Enterprise edition
This is the first time that I worked with the Enterprise edition and I loved it! Click here to find out more about this edition of SharePlus, definitely worth checking out.
Enterprise Search
I really liked working with Enterprise Search because it is fast and gives you multiple search options:
You can use the following criteria:
- Scope
- Result type
- Modified Date
- Author
In the following example I selected Word Documents as result type and immediately a search starts for all Word documents:
This makes searching for your content really easy and fast. Works like a charm!
Advanced Search in a List/Library
Let's say you have a document library with hundreds of documents and need to find just that one document but you don't remember the name but do remember that it starts with "Test" . Just use the advanced search:
Click at Name to select more fields:
The next step is to select a filter criteria:
You can even add more rows:
This should be enough to find your document ;-)
User Profile Search & Detail
The above features make it possible to search for content but it's also possible to search for people. You only have to use the Enterprise Search and change the scope to People:
Pretty cool! I am really impressed by the Enterprise edition and its great features.
Standard edition
Power Favorites
The Power Favorites provide you with the option to create and manage your favorite SharePoint content, lists and libraries! Just go to a document, or any other item, and select the yellow favorite icon. Go to the home menu of SharePlus and click at Favorites. All your favorites are displayed. To organize the favorites you can create folders. Click at the + icon at the bottom of the screen and provide it with a name. The next step is to click at Edit (right top of the screen) and select the items you want to move to the folder:
Click at the new folder to see your favorites:
Nice!
RTF - Rich Text Editing
Through the new Rich Text Editor it's possible to style your content! Every multiple lines of text column can be used for the editor:
You have the option to change the font, color and size of the text.
Accounts Management
Did you get tired of entering the same credentials every time you added a new site? This belongs to the past! Just use the account management feature! When you add a new site you can click at Account:
You get an overview of accounts configured for other connections! Just click at one to reuse it or click at Create New Account:
Claims Based and ADFS support
My company has a customer portal that uses claims based authentication. The previous version of SharePlus did not support this, but with version 3.0 I am able to connect to our customer sites. Cool! Thanks SharePlus ;-)
EML/MSG view support
SharePlus now supports viewing e-mail messages in lists or libraries:
Click at an e-mail to open it:
There are enough companies that use e-mail enabled document libraries so now they are able to view the e-mails in SharePlus.
Picture swipe in viewer (Picture Libraries)
You are now able to swipe through the pictures in a picture library.
Tap and Hold in Site/List/Item
You have to tap and hold a site, list or item to open a contextual menu:
This makes configuration within SharePlus faster.
Tab Viewer mode
To enable the tab viewer mode you have to swipe with two fingers at the screen:
Select the items you want to view and click at Open:
How cool is that? During meetings you can open all the meeting documents and browse through them. This is going to save a lot of people a lot of time!
There is more! The following improvements also have been made:
- PDF performance improvements
- Synchronization performance improvement
- New async engine for communications
- Sorting, filtering and grouping in offline mode
- Disable Auto-Lock in Settings
- High resolution image handling
I am really impressed by the new version and am excited to see what the future of SharePlus will bring us.
4:55 PM
Unknown
Posted in: 
5 replies:
Pretty cool update, thanks for the write-up!
I don't see a way to add to favorites. Is this feature only available in the paid version? I'm using the free version currently.
That is indeed only an option in the paid version.
Nice Article Jasper,
Now I want a tablet and Shareplus a.s.a.p. :+)
I have two questions,
Question 1: Do you also tested how it handles customizations and workflows?
question 2: You know if it's possible to style it with your own corporate branding?
Rgrdz,
Maarten
Hi Maarten,
Thanks for your reply! I have not tested your first question. To use your corporate branding you need to acquire the Enterprise Edition of SharePlus.
Post a Comment