Pages

Friday, January 27, 2012

InfoPath GetUserProfileByName and SharePoint Online

In my last InfoPath article I talked about using SharePoint web services. You can use for example the GetUserProfileByName web service to extract user information. I only did not get it to work in SharePoint Online 2010 so I created a service request with Microsoft. They looked into this and I received the following answer:


"I would like to update you that currently the data connection for the user profile is not supported in Sharepoint Online."


This is such a shame because it is such a powerful feature! I really hope this will be fixed in a future release because I think it is an essential feature in working with InfoPath and SharePoint.

2 replies:

Rene said...

That's really a shame. Was hoping that you'd get it to work somehow, but if it isn't supported then there may not be much that we can do

Unknown said...

I know :-( Let's just hope it will get fixed soon!

Post a Comment